Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bidding Serra Adieu

Today, I'm jumping to the very present, move #2 to the UK.  I am in current keep of three precious pets.  Once, lovingly my mom's, now mine.  Their's is a journey tied into mine.  I can not take three four-legged buddies over to England with me.  Though, my cat, McCormack resides in England, whose travels I will explore in a later blog.

Presently, Serra, the 10 year old tabby, is heading off to San Francisco.  She's pretty chill about the whole deal.  She digs San Francisco, the salty air, the fog.  Born in the hills of Virginia City, NV. she became a regular at my mom's bar, Maynard Station.  She had her own bar stool, her own milk mug.  A tough kitty life needs to be washed down with a little nectar of the gods.  Now, years later, if she was a human, she'd sit in front of the fire with her feet propped up, top button of her pants unbuttoned...snoozing.

Here's to you Serra! Safe journeys!

(Side note:  She's headed out to live with my aunt in the most loving environment)

Cost of  this pet move:  Approximately $193 for the cargo ticket  (AA Cargo)  These guys are very easy to  work with.  $46 for her Health Certificate, a must need for flying.  $75 for her rabies/checkup for the flight. $25 for her kennel.
Total: $339

2 comments:

  1. Kelly! This is a beautiful and tragic love story. Hate that you are being taken even farther away from Denver. Hoping to see you and meet your beloved some day. XOXO Shandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. After quite a journey, Serra arrived safely in SF and is resting comfortably in Aunt Betty's home. It took three adults and several hours of waiting aroung the airport to bring Serra to her new home. :) - Marianne

    ReplyDelete